Holly Lake Ranch, Texas
rev Aug 20, 2012
Persons using the gun range will initially be required to attend and pass a range initiation course given by an approved Holly Lake Ranch Range Officer. They will also be required to sign a waiver stating they understand all the rules and that they are responsible for any and all damages caused by them or their party. Upon completion of this course you will receive a Gun Range Pass (picture identification badge). Range keys will be issued only to persons holding a Gun Range Pass.
1. Reservations are required at the Security Office. A refundable deposit may be required for the gate and range keys if you do not permanently reside at Holly Lake Ranch.
2. All regulations and instructions posted at the range shall be followed.
3. Absolutely No Shotguns or Shotshell Allowed. Absolutely No Fully Automatic Firearms (i.e., machine guns) Allowed. This is a rifle and pistol range, only.
4. Absolutely No Incendiary, Phosphorus or Tracer Ammunition Allowed.
5. Absolutely No Armor Piercing or Steel Core Ammunition Allowed.
6. All firearms brought into the range must be completely unloaded, they must be carried with the action open, with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction or they must be enclosed in a gun case, kit, holster, etc. until placed in actual firing line use.
7. The Security Office or any Range Officer may bar from the range any person handling a firearm in an unsafe manner, or any person suspected to be under the influence of alcoholic beverages, legal or illegal drugs. A Security Officer or Range Officer may inspect firearms or ammunition, and will ban their use if in his or her judgment they are unsafe or not in good working order. Violators will be asked to leave. It is the duty and responsibility of all persons to report to the Security Department any infraction of the safety rules.
8. Always wear eye and hearing protection when anyone is at the firing line (i.e., inside the red box painted on the floor).
9. It is intended that range users will not go forward of the firing line at any time. However, if targets fall off the carrier forward of the firing line, all firearms on the firing line will be cleared and removed from the firing line. The targets can then be retrieved. Additionally, when firing is complete and the firing line is clear, shooters can go forward of the firing line to the doorway to pick up brass. Any other down-range equipment problem must be reported to the Security Office.
10. All persons under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a person over 21. These persons may be required to show proof of age to a Security Officer or Range Officer upon request. The adult shall act as coach and remain on the firing line at the side of the person under 21 and must be in complete control of the person and firearm. Persons under the age of 14 shall not be permitted to fire a handgun; they may fire a rifle, only.
11. Only aimed fire using the sighting devices on the firearm is allowed. So-called snap shooting, quick draw, hip shooting, and uncontrolled, un-aimed rapid fire is prohibited on this range.
12. Shooters must load and unload their own firearm. DO NOT HAND A LOADED FIREARM TO ANOTHER PERSON.
13. Gun range key will be issued to one party only for a maximum of two hours. Anyone without the issued key will be considered trespassing.
14. Any person caught firing at walls, target frames, signs, or any other object besides the designated, approved targets (paper or cardboard targets) will be denied further use of the range. Targets are to be posted on the supplied target frame only. Firing at cans, bottles, or any other object is strictly prohibited.
15. Be sure that all firearms are unloaded before leaving the firing line and that all firearms are properly secured in their cases, holsters, etc. before going forward forward of the firing line to retrieve your spent brass. Before you leave the range use the provided trash cans and brass bucket and clean up after yourself. Lock the door and secure the gate as you leave.
16. The Developer of Holly Lake Ranch, nor its employees shall be held responsible for theft or accidents. Follow the rules and regulations and use the range at your own risk.
17. An approved Range Officer is defined as a person who: (1) successfully completed the initial Holly Lake Ranch Range Course; (2) has demonstrated to the Chief of Security his or her proficiency with a variety of firearm types and actions; (3) has demonstrated to the Chief of Security his or her proficiency with the range equipment; and (4) has demonstrated that he or she possesses the qualities required for responsible firearm handling.